With the Netgear EX7700 Setup, you can turn your existing WiFi into powerful WiFi for your whole house. The patented FastLane3 Technology with a dedicated WiFi Link keeps the extended WiFi bandwidth from being cut in half. The first step in Netgear EX7700 Setup is to connect the extender to the wireless network you already have. Use either of the two ways below to finish the task:
To connect with WPS: To connect to your WiFi network safely, use the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) method. You don’t have to type in the network name (SSID) or password.
Follow these steps to get in touch with the NETGEAR installation assistant:
To use the Netgear EX7700 setup installation assistant, turn on the extender and open a web browser on a PC or mobile device.
Netgear EX7700 Setup ( Manual )
If you connect the Netgear EX7700 wireless range extender to your WiFi modem or router, it will make your wireless network reach farther. When manually configuring a Netgear AC2200 Nighthawk Extender, users should never skip any of the steps in the installation assistant. If you do this, your range extender will never be able to connect to your existing wireless network.
NOTE: When you first connect the Netgear EX7700, make sure no other devices are connected to it.
The Netgear EX7700 has to be plugged into a power outlet to work.
- Kick off your Wireless Extender. And make sure that your extender has a solid white light.
- Go to the wireless network settings on your laptop or cell phone and look for the NETGEAR_EXT network.
- You need to connect your computer to the NETGEAR_EXT network.
- When you open the web browser on your device, it will now take you to the Netgear EX7700 setup page.
- If you follow the instructions, your extender will connect to the existing wireless network.
- Your Netgear Extender Setup is now finished.
- Netgear EX7700 Setup through WPS:
- For setting up the Netgear EX7700 using WPS:
- Start your Netgear EX7700 extender.
- Put your WiFi extender close to your wireless router.
- Plug your extender into a wall outlet.
- Wait until the Power LED comes on.
- Push the WPS button on the extender.
If the Link Status LED is white, your router and extender are linked correctly. The Link Status LED will turn blue if the connection is stable. If the Link Status LED turns yellow or red, try again after moving the extender closer to the router.
NOTE: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, the first time you press the WPS button, your extender will try to connect to the 5 GHz band.
Place your extender in a new spot halfway between your router and the area with a weak router WiFi signal.
- Bring your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to a place where WiFi router coverage is poor
- Join the extended network with any computer or mobile device that has WiFi.
- How to connect a Netgear router to a Netgear EX7700 Extender?
- Set up the Netgear EX7700 first. Join the AC2200 to the Netgear router.
- Wait for the power light on the EX7700 X6 to turn on.
- Link your router and extender with an Ethernet cable.
- If everything is in order, the light on the Netgear EX7700 Nighthawk X6 AC2200 router will stay solid white.
- Open any web browser, like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Then, type www.mywifiext.net at the top of the browser and hit “Enter.”
- The page will be sent to a device called Netgear EX7700 AC2200.
- Make a new login for Netgear.
Follow the steps to set up the repeater at your home or office and increase your WIFI connection
Netgear EX7700 Setup
If you use mywifiext.net:
- To use mywifiext.net to set up the EX7700, you need a wireless device.
- Now, connect the Netgear EX7700 to its power supply.
- When you observe the extender’s solid white power light.
- Take out any WiFi device and go to the setting for wireless settings.
- Connect your device to the AC2200 extenders’ network.
- Open a browser and type www.mywifiext.net into the address box.
- You’ve reached the page for setting up the Netgear EX7700 extender.
If you have trouble installing the Netgear AC2200 tri-band mesh, please contact our certified extender.
Can’t get to Netgear EX7700 Page?
Follow these steps if you can’t set up the Netgear Extender EX7700:
- Turn on the EX7700 mesh range extender.
- Check that the AC2200’s power led light is solid white.
- You can now use a phone, tablet, laptop, or any other wireless device.
- After that select the WIFI network. There is a Netgear extension there.
- Connect your device to the Netgear EX7700 network.
- then you’re connected, and you can open any Internet browser you want.
Then, in the address bar, type www.mywifiext.net.
- You’ve reached the page for setting up the Netgear EX7700 new extender.
If you have followed the Netgear AC2200 setup guide and are still unable to access the Netgear EX7700 installation page, please contact Netgear. Don’t be afraid to contact our trained specialist.
If your Netgear AC2200 EX7700 keeps losing WiFi connections, you can quickly fix the problem by restarting or power cycling your mesh extender. Here’s how you can restart your EX7700 tri-band WiFi mesh extender:
- Unplug everything thats connected to your WIFI booster.
- Pull the plug on the Netgear extender out of the wall.
- Leave it unplugged for some time.
- Then, plug in the AC2200 EX7700 mesh extender and turn it on.